For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat. I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me. I was sick and you took care of me. I was in prison and you visited me. Matt.. 25:35-36
Along the Border:
- Every Tuesday of every week, we supply beans and rice through a cooperative network of pastors and missionaries. They distribute to families in the lower Juarez Valley region across from Fabens, Texas. We also provide a sack full of groceries every week for these pastors’ families, helping care for them as they care for so many others.
- We distribute tons of food donated by churches and other organizations, such as baby food, canned goods, cereals, eggs, and potatoes.
- We help Mexico children to attend school by providing necessary school supplies every August through the School Supply Kit Drive; and bless these children in December with a “shoebox” full of toys, gloves, and lots of other goodies through the Christmas Shoebox Drive.
- We distribute new & gently used blankets, coats, shoes & clothes as they are donated. Because of storage issues, we can only receive winter things in winter and summer things in summer. We are always looking for children’s items – they’re always growing!
- We share in the ministries of pastors on both sides of the Rio Grande through prayer and planning, and assist their efforts by supplying them with Bibles, teaching and enrichment materials, and various other resources.
In the Community:
- We partner with church mission teams in week-long community and area projects – everything from painting & repair work, to Vacation Bible School for community kids, to helping medical & dental teams set up free clinics in our area.
- We minister to the elderly and poor through Biblical devotion and prayer time every Tuesday at 10 AM, sending them home with beans and rice to help “stretch” their fixed incomes.